“The Environment Restoration Fund – Safe Havens grant opportunity supports the creation of new or expanded safe havens for priority threatened mammals and other threatened species.”
Environment Restoration Fund – Safe Havens Grants
GO ID: GO4305
Close Date & Time: 11-Jan-2021 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time)
This grant opportunity is part of an election commitment announced in May 2019 under the Environment Restoration Fund to support the creation of safe havens for threatened species. Safe havens are areas where invasive predators such as feral cats and foxes have been permanently removed from fenced areas and islands to provide long term protection for native wildlife.
The objective of this program is to reduce extinction risk to nationally listed threatened species through strategic expansion of the safe haven network.
The maximum grant is $1.8 million. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project expenditure. You must complete your project by 31 May 2023.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a co-operative
- a regional National Resource Management (NRM) organisation
- an Indigenous not-for-profit corporation
- an Australian local government agency or body
- an Australian State/Territory Government agency or body
- an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
For more industry news please check out our Website.